R-Group was requested to supply subcontracting services to the Rio Tinto West Angelas Construction Village located 12km. west of the existing West Angelas Process Plant.
The scope of the engagement included the design and deployment of:
- The Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Network: This included the installation and configuration of the Headend Infrastructure to manage the network and the Optical Network Units (ONUs) into the communication cabinets.
- The Television System: TV headend infrastructure was configured and installed to allow for the conversion of Free-to-Air and Foxtel channels into Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) signals over the same fibre as
the GPON Network.
- Fibre Cabling Network: 6-core single-mode fibre was installed into the central communications room to designated GPON distribution points.
- Wi-Fi Network: To address high-density challenges with residents, one access point was installed into each accommodation room and a common area along with dual redundant
- CCTV Infrastructure: CCTV headend infrastructure and cameras were cabled around the village with the ability to store and review captured footage.
- Central Facilities: Requested upgrades were made for the requirements of each room, this required the installation of Indoor Panels, additional cabling, telephone services, and VoIP gateways where applicable.