R-Group was pleased to work with Georgiou Group to implement a new Microsoft Teams Unified Communications Platform as a telephony solution. As a large organization providing a diverse range of civil and building construction services to multiple industries around Australia, it was imperative to Georgiou to implement an updated telephony solution that would be a good fit for their everyday business processes whilst addressing their current telephony issues.
Georgiou Group was experiencing a number of issues with their existing aging telephony system that was hindering their business communications. These issues mainly stemmed from the age of the existing telephony system and the lack of compatibility between versions during video conferencing sessions meaning that users found it difficult to join existing online meetings.
Whilst all of the existing platform features of the telephony system were migrated to the new Microsoft Teams Unified Communication system, the issues on the existing platform were resolved due to the compatibility of the new system between legacy and new versions of the platform.
The scope of the engagement included the following works:
- Configuring the on-premises Teams infrastructure required
- Configuring and updating the Microsoft Teams customer tenancy
- Full solution roll out of Teams to all Georgiou users
- Full solution testing in conjunction with Georgiou
- Required customer documentation
- Leverage existing Microsoft365 licensing to suit the new Teams Unified solution
- Gain improved telephony and collaboration functionality with additional features that Teams offers including hosting large web conferences, creation of ‘teams’ and ‘channels’ and enterprise-grade security
- True Microsoft Teams Unified Communications experience including full telephone PABX capabilities as well as instant video and voice conferencing, telephony, content sharing, and instant messaging across multiple platforms, using both desk phones and soft clients.
- Significant return of investment for migrating to Teams
- Ongoing support services via our local WA helpdesk