In 2019 mining company FMG approached R-Group to reinvigorate one of their decommissioned Villages within one of their key Mine Hubs. The existing infrastructure had either failed or been repurposed elsewhere following a period of camp closure. R-Group was appointed to remediate and upgrade the communications and in-room systems within all rooms and common areas.
Our R-Group Approach included:
- Discovery audit of exisng infrastructure to determine suitability to support camp-wide IPTV and Wi-Fi services.
- Implementation of a GPON solution that maximized the repurposing of suitable existing infrastructure.
- Installation of Access Points in rooms and common areas, and wireless controllers into the neighboring camp.
- Deployment of customised and easily navigable in-room IPTV interface on STB’s providing access to Free to Air TV, Foxtel, Video on Demand, and in-house corporate information channels.
- Installation of TV panels and WiFi into all rooms and common areas.