R-Group worked with a long-serving Managed Service customer, First National Broome Real Estate on the deployment of a Unified Communications Microsoft Teams Platform with Teams calling as an upgrade to their existing on-premise telephony solution.
With over 30 users based in a number of remote locations across the state, a hosted platform was deemed to be the best solution fit for the company as it allows for efficient and instant communication and collaboration between users, no matter where they are located.
The Platform offers a number of features including:
- Cloud based for scalability and for access anytime, anywhere
- Instant video and voice conferencing features,
- Collaboration tools
- Enterprise voice service with R-Groups calling integration services
- Content sharing and whiteboarding
- Instant messaging chat services with up to 100 users
- Integration with a large number of applications including SharePoint and Task Planner along with bots and websites
As a telecommunications carrier through the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), R-Group is also able to offer our customers with full telephony capabilities integrated into the platform through cost-effective calling packages. The calling functionality allows businesses to empower their business communications by integrating their telephony system into a collaboration tool to streamline business processes.
The scope of works included:
- Unified Communications Platform configuration and deployment to multiple sites
- Deployment of both desk phones and softphones for the Broome Real Estate staff
- Provisioning of the required Microsoft 365 Teams licensing required by the users.
- Training including ‘how to guides’ for future reference
- Implementation of flexible calling packages
First National Broome Real Estate General Manager, Charmaine Snow quoted “The system’s interface is really user friendly and has been easy for our staff members to learn the system. We found that being able to use the application remotely has been the biggest advantage to our business”.